Local SEO in Singapore has become one of the most effective strategies for businesses to gain an edge against their local competitors. Whether you own a business or work in a digital marketing agency, it’s necessary to consider these things for local SEO in 2017.
1. Create your ideal business listing
Create a business listing to optimize your site for local SEO. Make sure to include the following information in your listing.
- Business Name
- Address (Suite/Floor Number, City, State, Zip/Postal Code)
- Company Contact – Person’s Name, Phone Number, Email Address, and Toll Free Number
- Company Description (You will need one short and one long description. – Don’t forget to include relevant keywords in your descriptions)
- Hours of operation
- Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn etc.)
- Company images (logo, team, storefront, etc.)
Having a business listing is essential as it puts your company on the local map. Make sure to spend some time to create an effective business listing that reflects your company accurately and thoroughly, telling what you do and offer.
#2. Optimize for Google My Business
Google My Business allows you to display your business working hours, phone number and directions to your office on Google Search and Maps. This service is available for free and enhances your SEO efforts. Just make sure to upload your business logo and photos while optimizing your Google My Business page. Make sure that to enter correct information, as a misplaced phone number or wrong address can result in losing customers and revenue.
3. Remove Inconsistent Citations
When it comes to local SEO, it’s necessary to have consistent and correct citations (i.e., all of your business listings must show the same information).
Your chances of losing out on attracting new customers increases if you have multiple incorrect business listings floating around the web. So make sure to update incorrect citations, build new citations, and enhance your profile with as much data as possible to get maximum traffic.
We hope that these points will help you to optimize your site and enhance your local SEO. If you’re looking for a SEO Company in Birmingham AL to help you improve your local presence, contact us today!